West Cornwall Pasty Co.
West Cornwall Pasty Co is a Cornish-themed offering which first opened its motorway doors at Reading on the M4 in early 2011. Until then their stores were mainly located on high streets. Most of these closed in 2013 due to unforeseen circumstances but they still maintain a high presence at railway stations.
The curious thing is that West Cornwall Pasty Co is a throwback to an idea from some of the oldest services: before the days where the majority of customers would pop by only for the toilets, crowded services would sell snacks from the outside of the building to stop the restaurant overflowing. This is exactly what West Cornwall Pasty Co was introduced to do.
As part of a major rebranding scheme, in 2016 West Cornwall Pasty Co began to roll out food warmers to petrol stations and stores throughout the country which dispense pasties and sausage rolls. These are being used in some MFG and Rontec stores. In railway stations they are now advertising barista-made coffee but this is yet to become an occurrence at motorway services.
West Cornwall Pasty Co are now starting to use the name 'West Cornwall Food Co', which offers a selection of sandwiches and cakes as well the usual offer of Cornish pasties. The first motorway site to get this branding was at Folkestone in April 2017.
- Baldock (A1(M)/A1)
- Beaconsfield (M40)
- Bridgwater (M5)
- Cambridge (A14)
- Cherwell Valley (M40/A43)
- Chieveley (M4)
- Cobham (M25)
- Donington (M1/A42/A50)
- Exeter (M5)
- Knutsford (M6)
- Lancaster (M6)
- Leigh Delamere (M4)
- Pease Pottage (M23/A23)
- Peterborough (A1(M)/A1)
- Reading (M4)
- Scotch Corner (A1(M)/A66)
- Southwaite (M6) (northbound only)
- Stafford (M6) (northbound only)
- Toddington (M1) (northbound only)
- Wetherby (A1(M))
- Winchester (M3) (southbound only)
West Cornwall Pasty Co. have cabinets situated in a few motorway forecourts. These are:
- Barnetby (A180)
- Crossbush (A27)
- Cross Hands (A48)
- Hinckley (A5) (northbound only)
- Milford (A11) (northbound only)
- Ruabon (A483) (northbound only)
- Sleaford (A15/A17)
- Stockbridge (A27)
- Swanley (A20) (eastbound only)
- Thorpe on the Hill (A46)
- Tiverton (A361)
- West Wellow (A36)
- Wittering (A1) (northbound only)
West Cornwall Pasty Co. used to have outlets at the following official service areas:
- Cawledge (cabinet) (A1)
- Folkestone (West Cornwall Food Co) (M20)
- Interchange (cabinet) (A46)
- Ringwood (cabinet) (A31) (westbound only)
- Southwaite southbound (West Cornwall Pasty Co) (M6)
- Symonds Yat (cabinet) (A40) (eastbound only)
- Trowell (M1)
- Warminster (cabinet) (A36/A350)
- Whiddon Down (cabinet) (A30)
We launched a new system to display public feedback in December 2021. It will take time for new comments to appear. Users will need to register with CommentBox to leave reviews, and you can do so quickly below:
Views expressed in these comments are those of the individual contributor. User accounts are managed by CommentBox.io.
We ask the companies named to check here regularly but we can't force them to do so.